Tuesday 14 August 2012

I am determined NOT to lose my knickers.

Hello Lovelies!

So, I have travelled to Nicaragua ( henceforth known as Knickeragua) where I will spend the next few weeks/months before travelling around Central America. So far, so beautiful. I'm staying in a gorgeous spot on the southwest coast called Popoyo. Known for it's wonderful weather and fantastic surfing it's still off the beaten track enough to not have to deal with heaps of tourists/McDonalds etc.

And so, given that I'm here I thought I'd give this surfing lark a go. Now, I have actually surfed before. But that was in Cornwall and you have to wear a wetsuit so your swimsuit can go nowhere. Here, however, I am fast discovering which suits can survive a wipe out and which really really can't. So far, so naked. The trick, my roommate tells me, is to "tie the shit out of 'em". Which is exactly what you have to do. But then I get a muffin top! Wah. Those days when you just can't win. So, I tie them up, and then loosen them when I emerge from the water, Bond girl like, I'm sure.

If any surfer girls out there have any tips on how to retain your dignity out on the water, I'd really appreciate it. The hostel I'm working in looks directly over the breaks I've been surfing. And they're fully equipped with binoculars.

Ninja, xx

1 comment:

  1. One piece swimsuit! That's what I worn for three years!

    ReplyDelete