Monday 23 July 2012

In there like SWIMWEAR!

Just a quick one today lads, I'm sorry I've been so absent! In the interim I have left my job, been on holiday to Italy for a friends wedding (amazeballs), and booked flights for myself to Nicaragua. I'll be heading there for a year to work in a surf resort/bar and learn Spanish. Hopefully stumble across a very strapping surfers along the way, too. Stopping off in NYC on the way to stock up on some Victoria's Secret goodies. Have heard great things about Columbian underwear; so will have to source some of that while I'm out there!

So, in 80% of the northern hemisphere it is SUMMER. Sadly, not in the UK. But if you are going on your holibags then you must surely update your 'kini wardrobe. Yes? Yes. Swimwear  be tricky. Particularly if they are sold as 'sets' because it is very rare that we are the same on top as on bottom. A minefield! But hey, it's okay to be a good three or four sizes different one way or the other. It's also okay if you don't look like you belong on the GB beah volleyball team.

Now, a lot of great bra brands also do fabulous swimwear. But they can be pricey. Miss Mandalay bikinis are gorgeous, underwired and have good coverage. Note: if you are above a DD don't even think about those triangle bikinis. They offer about as much coverage as a babybell and truthfully, look a bit naff. Freya is a perrenial favourite for up-size swimwear. Cute colours and patterns. Most of their styles also come in a tankini style for those who are tummy conscious. These brands are charging around £50-60 for a set. But there is another option.

So, as I said swimwear sold as 'sets' are unsuitable for anyone past puberty. Most women would opt to buy a bigger size for the bottom than for the top. But when you look at the actual coverage of top you may find a bigger size more comfortable. For example, I wear a size ten on top and twelve on bottom but in a lot of bikinis I have wound up buying a size 14 top. If the back is tied then it makes it even easier to alter the size!

I have a few favourites in my own 'kini colletion. Bizarrely, my ultimate fave was bought in Asda. The top is a size 16 and the bottoms a ten. Other faves are from TopShop and Melissa Odabash (a sale number, I assure you). But before I head off to Nica I will be raiding the sales (HoF and Bravissimo both have them at the moment) for some last minute bikini bargains!

Ninja,
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment