Wednesday 23 May 2012

"Banging body, pity about the saggy tits" NO. NOT OKAY.

Summa Summa Summa Tiiiiiiiiiiime. IT'S SUNNY! IN EDINBURGH! How glorious! However, what is not so glorious is the number of boobs bouncing along Edinburgh's streets, running 'free and loose'. Umm, hello? Have you learned NOTHING!? If we need to take care of our boobs in everyday life (to keep them north) then surely, surely you know that extra care must be take during exercise?

"Gosh, she's terribly heavy footed" "Oh, that's not her feet, she ran for leisure for ten years without a proper sports bra. That's her boobs slapping the floor you're hearing". Nice.

I know they are pricey. But so are gym memberships! And you forked out for that! Or, if, like me, you're a runner, that's free!! So spending on a sports bra is just another piece of kit. "I want to get in shape for my beach holiday" Great. Do so. But unless you want to have to scoop your boobs into your bikini, invest in a sports bra!

I use a Shock Absorber bra which I love. My boobs go nowhere. Much to the chagrin of passing lorries but to my own personal delight. However. It's toight. Like proper toight. I have to do the hooks round my waist, shoogle (yes, it's a technical term) it up to my chest and then do the clasp at the back. I'm not going to lie, the first time I used it I had a slight breakdown with regards to the flap-clasp at the base of my neck. Flap-clasps are tricky anyway, but doing one upside down, in an awkward place, blind, nearly ended me. But now, all fine! It's terribly comfortable and my flatmate's just bought the same one in a funky purple/turquoise colourway. Mine's black, how demure of me.

Ladies, joking aside this is one of the most important bras you will ever buy (up there with maternity and post-op). There's no point working hard to have a banging body if you gain droopy boobs at the same time. And it'll hurt your back too. And if you have a sore back you're more inclined to stoop and then no one can see your rock-hard abs etc etc.

Try on different styles and see what works. It will feel tighter than your normal bras, even in the same size because the elastic is of a much higher tension. This bra has to work hard for you so make sure you find the one that is best suited for your shape and sport. Wash them carefully by hand. Most have wick-away technology so they don't need to be washed after every workout, but definitely more frequently than your normal bras.

I'm running a half marathon on Sunday and have been using the bra since January. My boobs haven't gone anywhere and are, if anything much stronger. Still boobs though. No pecks here, thanks very much Madonna.

Ninja, x

P.S After writing this post I have the Irn Bru advert 'Raoul Likes to Bounce' stuck in my head. Yes, Raoul does like to bounce. Your boobs don't. Strap 'em down.

No comments:

Post a Comment